Orange Botswana proudly has launched the arrival of the highly anticipated 5th season of the Orange FA Cup in collaboration with the Botswana Football Association (BFA).
Reflecting on the journey of the past four seasons, the Orange FA Cup has been a compelling platform for success stories and valuable learnings. This partnership has served as a catalyst, fostering talent development, empowering aspiring athletes, and fortifying the foundation of football in Botswana.
Said Orange Money Director of Commercial and Operations, Gazza Motswagole “As we all know, football holds a unique power to bring people together, irrespective of age, race, gender, or culture. In Botswana, football is a way of life, and it bears opportunity for growth – growth of talent, growth of revenue once truly commercialized, and growth of culture, in many ways. There is a need to nurture and empower those whose dreams are tied to such a sport, for we have such incredible talent and potential in our local football scene.”
The return of the Orange FA Cup brings together 48 teams competing for the title of the Orange FA Cup champion, promising an exciting season ahead. The tournament will commence in January 2024 and fixtures are as follows:
· Makungulupeswa vs City Kings
· Desert Buffaloes vs Tsabotlhe
· Sankoyo Bushbucks vs Santa Green
· Pilikwe United vs Chadibe
· Kazungula Young Fighters vs Motlakase Power Dynamos
· Mmadinare Giant Aces vs Tafic
· MR Highlanders vs Shoshong United
· Mbalakalungu vs Calendar Stars
· City Polar vs Pula Roofing
· Sand Diamonds vs Jwaneng Young Stars
· Blue Stars vs Taung Young Strikers
· Magosi vs Mochudi Center Chiefs
· Notwane vs Flamengo Santos
· Tlokweng United vs UB Hawks
· Desert Nxau vs Walker XI
· VTM vs Matebele
The Orange FA Cup stands as a testament to Orange Botswana’s enduring commitment to sports development, promising a season infused with passion, sportsmanship, and the relentless pursuit of football greatness.